Sunday, November 14, 2010

Outdoor Skating in Tampa Bay!

                                                                     photo: Andy Jones

by Lisa Ovens

Do I need another reason to become a Tampa Bay Lightning season ticket holder? The city of Tampa Bay is constructing an outdoor ice skating venue downtown. A ninety minute skate will cost you $10.00 and that includes skate rental!

Okay, with this installation I am officially campaigning for a job in Tampa Bay. There's NHL hockey there; unlike the Canucks, Lightning tickets are affordable, I wouldn't be far from Disney World and Cape Canaveral , and a good friend of mine lives just down the coast! (And yes, rocket launches are on my list of things to do)

That's it...I'm sharpening my skates and heading for the sunshine in Tampa to get my glide on!

for the latest on the outdoor rink, visit Tampa Bay Online
or check out this story at St. Petersburg Times

Happy Outdoor Skating, Bolts fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment